Rocket Center of Pressure (XCp) Analysis
Provides an efficient way to compute
center of pressure location (XCp) for model and high power rockets. AeroCP
4.0 determines XCp for rockets having conical expansions,
conical reductions, boat tails, arbitrary fin shapes and several
nose cone types. In addition, AeroCP computes XCp of multiple
stage rockets where all data is clearly visible. Also, performs airframe
loads analyses in the form of shear, moment and stress
distribution plots and fin aeroelastic analyses using the
Barrowman lift curve slope (CN_alpha). This new version displays
main fins lift slope, booster fins lift slope and center of
pressure location from tip of nose cone using the Barrowman equations.
1) Program "Quit"
button on main tool bar.
2) Tab to each data field has been added.
3) Program automatically computes distance of fin mid-chord line.
4) Added "Print" command on Instruction page.
5) AeroCP is now delivered on CD ROM.
6) Perform fin aeroelastic analyses for determining divergence
velocity and flutter velocity.
7) Perform airframe loads
analyses in the form of shear, moment and stress distribution
8) Saves project files
with the .RK1 delimiter for rockets with No Transitions, .RK2
delimiter for rockets with Expansion Transitions, .RK3 delimiter
for rockets with Reduction Transitions, .RK4 delimiter for
rockets with Expansion/Reduction Transitions and .RK5 delimiter
for rockets with a Booster Stage.
9) Airframe location pull-bar updates display in real-time as it
10) Simple to use and understand.
Figure-1, Center of Pressure
Analysis on Main Screen.
Figure-2, Airframe loads analysis
and Fin Flutter/Divergence Analysis
(1) Screen resolution: 800 X 600
(2) System: Windows 98, XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), NT or Mac with emulation
(3) Processor Speed: Pentium 3 or 4
(4) Memory: 64 MB RAM
English (United States) Language
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: Input data for all AeroRocket programs must use a period (.)
and not a comma (,) and the computer must be set to the English (United States)
language. For example, gas constant should be
written as Rgas = 355.4 (J / kg*K = m^2 / sec^2*K)
and not Rgas = 355,4. The English (United States)
language is set in the
Control Panel by clicking Date, Time, Language and
Regional Options then Regional and Language Options
and finally by selecting English (United States). If periods are not used in all inputs
and outputs the
results will not be correct.
AeroIsp 18.104.22.168 (12/27/2009)
1) Earlier versions of AeroCP asked the user to re-enter
boat tail dimensions and boat tail location after this
information had already been specified by the user. This version
of AeroCP has corrected this error.
For more information about AeroCp please contact John Cipolla.